“Ancient Marrakech Grace” – Tadelakt
Tadelakt is a light, water resitant lime plaster which can applied to both interiors and exteriors of homes. Historically it is the wall finish of the palaces, hammams and bathrooms in Morocco.
This traditional Moroccan lime plaster is appreciated for its durability & pleasing appearance. Sealed with olive oil soap to aid in the carbonation & in rendering the surface more water resistant, Tadelakt can be installed in showers, sinks, splash backs, bathrooms, walls, ceilings, floors & more.
Tadelakt has many advantages:
- Permeability to steam and air - continues to breathe
- Great elasticity - can follow all forms of buildings
- Environmentally friendly and healthy coating - can sanitize because it is a fungicide & bactericide
- Exceptional life span - is known to gain in beauty & strength over time
- Comes in different colors - without pigment, the natural color of the tadelakt is grey. Dyed by adding pigments, tadelakt comes in a range of beautiful colors.
Please see Image Gallery for many more Tadelkt examples from around the world